Reunion Update #10 (Final) (September 5, 2017)
Reunion Update #10
Two short days until the 35th begins! Please read all of the following entries because there is some important information regarding check-in and tailgater entry procedures. Here’s the last official update on the reunion:
- Online registration has closed! – Last minute registrants need to send me an email. We will do our best to get you entered manually on the event lists. Registration fee will be $100 from this point forward and Tailgater Fee will be $125 (until Saturday – see note below). You will be required to pay at reunion check-in by credit card, check or cash.
NOTE: If you decide to just show up on Saturday for the tailgater and you did not register or pay prior to 08 September you will be charged $225 for the first tailgate admission and $145 for any additional admissions (12 yrs. old and up); children under 12 will remain at $40 per admission. Additionally you will have to have a football game ticket to enter the tailgater.
- Tailgater Entry Procedures – vice any other word you may have read or heard everyone who is attending Saturday’s tailgater must enter through Gate J – located to the right of the words “Class Ring Northeast” (upper right hand corner) on the attached diagram. Your football game tickets will be scanned at that gate as you enter (IMPORTANT – NO GAME TICKET, NO ENTRY) and if you are not able to get to reunion check-in on Thursday or Friday, you can complete your check-in and receive your gift bag at Gate J as well.
- Class of 1982 Reunion Photo Quiz – Still time to get your photos sent to Brian Caldwell (USNA ’82 + 7) and his team who are putting together a set of photos for every company. The pictures are a before (your firstie Lucky Bag) photo and an after photo (your current mug shot) but in order to do this Brian needs everyone to send their current picture to him per the instructions below:
We need your current photo!!! We have purchased a great tool for refreshing our memories and to better help us recognize our classmates. The program is specifically designed for reunions, but we want to include all classmates. Please take a look at
User Name: USNA82
Password: BeatArmy!and send your current photo to USNA82@ReunionPhotoQuiz.com.
We are looking for a head and shoulders or torso to head photo. Please include your full name (then and now—if different) and your academy company.
Please encourage any/all classmate(s) you are in contact with to submit his/her photo. The more photos, the better this program works. Nothing worse than talking to someone for 5 minutes while attempting to inconspicuously look at his/her nametag because you can’t remember his/her name.
4. Reunion Check-In – check in is scheduled for Ogle Hall on Thursday and Friday (07/08 September) from 0830 – 1630 on Thursday and 0830 – 1600 on Friday. Additionally we will conduct reunion check-in at the Crab Feast at Mike’s on Thursday evening (1800 – 2030), Friday afternoon at Dahlgren Hall during the post-parade reception (1730 – 2000) and Saturday at the stadium (1300 – ?). Gift bags will be distributed at check-in and you can confirm which events you have registered for at the tables.
NOTE: We anticipate a high number of event check-ins at the post-parade reception and tailgater prior to and during the first 20 – 30 minutes of operation. Our check-in service will do their best to get everyone through the check-in process as quickly as possible so please have your event wristbands on your wrists and show them to the crew as you enter. A separate line will be available for reunion check-in vs. the event check-in so please listen to the instructions given by the check-in crew on duty and get in the right line. If you are checking in for the reunion at the reception or tailgater, you will be given your wristbands on site (as long as you paid in advance).
5. Wristbands for Friday Reception and Tailgater – everyone who registered and paid for the Friday reception and/or the tailgater will receive wristbands when they check-in for the reunion on Thursday and Friday. IMPORTANT – there are two different wristbands – one for the reception and one for the tailgater. To avoid confusion each type of wristband has the event printed on it. Please bring the appropriate wristband for the appropriate event! If you aren’t going to make it in to town until Saturday, you can pick up your wristband for the tailgater at the tailgate check-in tables in the stadium – you will still need a ticket for the football game to access the tailgater. The Friday reception and Saturday tailgater are the only events that will require a wristband.
6. Reunion Photographers – Deb Latta (who has done reunion photos for us in the past) and Jim Garman (’82) will be taking pictures during the reunion weekend. Look to them for taking company and small group photos. Both will post pictures (details to follow) during and/or after the weekend.
7. Printed Name Tags – Unfortunately due to a miscommunication with our vendor, only those who have registered for the reunion prior to 11 August will receive a printed nametag (classmates – name & Lucky Bag photo; guests – name & class crest). We will have blank nametags available at check-in and calligraphers standing by to write your name on the nametag with a sharpie.
8. Memorial Service – immediately following the memorial service, we will take a class picture on the steps of the Chapel. Even if you don’t attend the service you are invited to participate in the photo. Estimated snap time is between 1030 and 1050.
9. Post-Parade Reception – Just a reminder that the Post-Parade reception on Friday afternoon/evening is not a dinner and has a cash bar. Reception runs after the P-rade until 8:00 PM.
NEW: Midshipmen in uniform who wish to attend the reception will pay the regular $30 fee at the door. Midshipmen should have a connection to the class – son/daughter/niece/nephew/sponsor mid. Alcohol will not be served to midshipmen.
10.Football Game Ticket – We are using the Class of ’53 Pavilion on the North side of the stadium directly behind the lawn seats for the tailgater.
a. Everyone attending the tailgater must have a ticket to the football game in order to gain access to the tailgater venue. If you do not have a ticket already, NAAA has blocked out tickets for us (420 reserved seats in Section D and 200 SRO/Lawn tickets; costs are $40 and $25 respectively).
b. When purchasing tickets through NAAA’s website – http://ev12.evenue.ne t/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/EVExecMac ro?linkID=navy&evm=prmo&RSRC=& RDAT=&caller=PR – (you may need to cut and paste the URL into your browser) classmates should use the promo code: 1982 in order to reserve tickets with the class. Enter the promo code AT THE BEGINNING of the purchase process.
11. Midshipman Attendance at Tailgater – A question about midshipman attendance at the tailgater was put forward and has prompted us to adopt the following guidelines.
a. Midshipmen in uniform will be charged $25 to attend our tailgater and should have some direct connection to the class, i.e., son, daughter, nephew, niece, sponsor mid, etc. Note: If you are planning to invite your mid to the tailgater please send me an email so that we can add their names to the attendance list.
b. Midshipmen will not be admitted to the tailgater until after the game has started so as not to interfere or appear to interfere with any USNA directive regarding attendance at the march over/on.
c. Midshipmen are in a duty status until after Navy Blue & Gold. Therefore, the catering staff will be instructed to not serve alcohol to midshipmen until after that time and only to those midshipmen with valid ID’s (21 and over).
12. Saturday Morning Events – updates for two events have been posted on Facebook and on the class website:
a. Day of Service to honor 9/11 will be held on Saturday morning, 9/9/17. This will be a Volunteer opportunity in Annapolis with other ’82 classmates to provide service alongside approximately 80 Midshipmen from the Midshipman Action Group (MAG) as they work with the Anne Arundel County Volunteer Center and the local parks and trails community partners on this project, part of the larger 9/11 Day to Serve. Link to last year’s project: http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/naval_academy/ph-ac-cn- 911-ceremony-0911-20160911-story.html. If you are interested in this volunteer effort, please contact Bill Dawson ’82 at firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Old Goat Run – Show up for an impromptu ’82 run (4 miles) at Halsey at 0800 on Saturday, 9/9/2017. Issue Blue Rim T-shirts are mandatory. Please contact Jeremiah McEnerney, email@example.com for any questions.
13. My contact information:
« Reunion Update #9 (August 29, 2017)